Review about Marula Silk Omega Rich Pure Marula Oil from Mauston, Wisconsin
I signed up for a free trial to try this product when my hair was falling out after pregnancy.The website looked official and I called the number to verify that it was legit.
I heard an American recording regarding the product so I felt comfortable trying it out. Less than a week later, I received my 1.7 fl oz. bottle of what looked, smelled, and felt like vegetable oil so I knew right then that I would never purchase this item down the road.
When I signed up for the free trial, no where did it say I would be placed on their automated list to receive this bottle monthly.
Another 1.7 fl oz. bottle was sent to my house a month later and so I looked at my credit card statement. Sure enough, $79.99 was charge to my card. I called and stated that I wanted to be taken off their list and I wanted to return the product to get my full refund which was stated on their website.
Although the recording was an American woman speaking ititially, when you are transferred to a representative it sounds like the person is at home with their children running around and there is a definite language barrier. I asked the man to take me off the list and he offered 35% off the item if I kept it. When I told me no, he offered 50% off. Again when I told him no, he said that he would send me a confirmation email stating that I was taken off the list along with the address where I could send the product back to receive my full refund.
The next day when I did not receive the email I called back and spoke to a woman who also sounded like she was working from home and she was difficult to understand. She made the same offers to me and I said, "Please stop reading your script and send me the confirmation email so I can send the product back." I even had her read my email address back to me to make sure that they had the right one on file. Day after day, I waited for this email that never came. I checked the website to send them an email myself only to find out that they did not have an email address.
They clearly do not want to leave a paper trail. After speaking with 6 Marula Silk representatives (all with accents, but very American names: Julia, Therese, Paul, Mike) I called my credit card company to dispute the transaction and she asked if I wanted both charges of $79.99 to be taken off. I did not realize that they had charged me twice since I had only received one additional bottle. She stated that she has received several calls regarding this company and this was not the first time that they had scammed someone.
She called the Marula Silk company with me and they finally gave an address where I could return the bottle.
My credit card representative asked the Marula Silk rep, "Just to clarify, you charged the consumer twice for the same bottle?" The Marula Silk 'employee' paused and then responded, "Yes, ma'am." She finally gave us the cancelled confirmation # and address that I needed to return the item.I am still waiting for my transactions to be voided, but I wanted to get this information out before another person got scammed.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Marula Silk Omega Rich Pure Marula Oil
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- " I have worn hair extensions for 5 years and wanted to try something new. I was recommended to try Hot Heads from a few Cosmetologist friends. ..."
- "My hair had fallen out so. Bad it cause it to be bald I'm still dealing with the fact that my hair will never be the same I would like..."
- "Below I posted a video of what wen by chaz dean did to my hair!~ It matted and fused my hair and I could not get it apart. I got..."
- "Hired a painter through Thumbtack to stain my deck. Contractor did a competent job, but handled personal items carelessly; stain on grill, and patio doors, grill tools and grill cover..."
- "My name is Cory Ermi, and a friend of mine had told me that he talked to his boss and I was to go and fill out an application because..."
- "My boyfriend sends me flowers for birthdays and for Valentine's Day. Because Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday, he wanted to have flowers sent on Friday the 12th to my..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."