I signed up for a free trial to try this product when my hair was falling out after pregnancy.The website looked official and I called the number to verify that it was legit.
I heard an American recording regarding the product so I felt comfortable trying it out. Less than a week later, I received my 1.7 fl oz. bottle of what looked, smelled, and felt like vegetable oil so I knew right then that I would never purchase this item down the road.
When I signed up for the free trial, no where did it say I would be placed on their automated list to receive this bottle monthly.
Another 1.7 fl oz. bottle was sent to my house a month later and so I looked at my credit card statement. Sure enough, $79.99 was charge to my card. I called and stated that I wanted to be taken off their list and I wanted to return the product to get my full refund which was stated on their website.
Although the recording was an American woman speaking ititially, when you are transferred to a representative it sounds like the person is at home with their children running around and there is a definite language barrier. I asked the man to take me off the list and he offered 35% off the item if I kept it. When I told me no, he offered 50% off. Again when I told him no, he said that he would send me a confirmation email stating that I was taken off the list along with the address where I could send the product back to receive my full refund.
The next day when I did not receive the email I called back and spoke to a woman who also sounded like she was working from home and she was difficult to understand. She made the same offers to me and I said, "Please stop reading your script and send me the confirmation email so I can send the product back." I even had her read my email address back to me to make sure that they had the right one on file. Day after day, I waited for this email that never came. I checked the website to send them an email myself only to find out that they did not have an email address.
They clearly do not want to leave a paper trail. After speaking with 6 Marula Silk representatives (all with accents, but very American names: Julia, Therese, Paul, Mike) I called my credit card company to dispute the transaction and she asked if I wanted both charges of $79.99 to be taken off. I did not realize that they had charged me twice since I had only received one additional bottle. She stated that she has received several calls regarding this company and this was not the first time that they had scammed someone.
She called the Marula Silk company with me and they finally gave an address where I could return the bottle.
My credit card representative asked the Marula Silk rep, "Just to clarify, you charged the consumer twice for the same bottle?" The Marula Silk 'employee' paused and then responded, "Yes, ma'am." She finally gave us the cancelled confirmation # and address that I needed to return the item.I am still waiting for my transactions to be voided, but I wanted to get this information out before another person got scammed.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Marula Silk Omega Rich Pure Marula Oil
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "I do not sell for this company but after seeing the explosive YouTube videos of the Mineral Liquid Foundation that even covered sharpie drawn on faces, I just HAD to..."
- "I received the creams on a free trial offer .. Ordered on 21 December by the 6 January two payments of £97.95 was taken from my bank Halifax / lloydsbanking..."
- "Okay im in the middle of a dispute with the yunique company! I place my order on their Black Monday special sale and it is May 26th 2016 and I..."
- "On December 30th 2014 i called you as the TV i bought and had taken out the extended warranty on was having issues. Turning itself on and off mid show,..."
- "My boyfriend sends me flowers for birthdays and for Valentine's Day. Because Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday, he wanted to have flowers sent on Friday the 12th to my..."
- "I went to the Applebee's in West Bend, Wi yesterday, July 21st. I saw the ad for the free sampler of either the shrimp or the churros. Great, I thought!..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."
- "Tracy Drott Agency Owner 210.319.7218 12540 Bandera Rd. #209 Helotes, TX 78024 My name is Hung Tran. I purchased Allstate auto insurance policy thru Tracy Drott, an agency owner located at 12540 Bandera Rd. Ste...."