Review about Marula Silk Omega Rich Pure Marula Oil from Mauston, Wisconsin
I signed up for a free trial to try this product when my hair was falling out after pregnancy.The website looked official and I called the number to verify that it was legit.
I heard an American recording regarding the product so I felt comfortable trying it out. Less than a week later, I received my 1.7 fl oz. bottle of what looked, smelled, and felt like vegetable oil so I knew right then that I would never purchase this item down the road.
When I signed up for the free trial, no where did it say I would be placed on their automated list to receive this bottle monthly.
Another 1.7 fl oz. bottle was sent to my house a month later and so I looked at my credit card statement. Sure enough, $79.99 was charge to my card. I called and stated that I wanted to be taken off their list and I wanted to return the product to get my full refund which was stated on their website.
Although the recording was an American woman speaking ititially, when you are transferred to a representative it sounds like the person is at home with their children running around and there is a definite language barrier. I asked the man to take me off the list and he offered 35% off the item if I kept it. When I told me no, he offered 50% off. Again when I told him no, he said that he would send me a confirmation email stating that I was taken off the list along with the address where I could send the product back to receive my full refund.
The next day when I did not receive the email I called back and spoke to a woman who also sounded like she was working from home and she was difficult to understand. She made the same offers to me and I said, "Please stop reading your script and send me the confirmation email so I can send the product back." I even had her read my email address back to me to make sure that they had the right one on file. Day after day, I waited for this email that never came. I checked the website to send them an email myself only to find out that they did not have an email address.
They clearly do not want to leave a paper trail. After speaking with 6 Marula Silk representatives (all with accents, but very American names: Julia, Therese, Paul, Mike) I called my credit card company to dispute the transaction and she asked if I wanted both charges of $79.99 to be taken off. I did not realize that they had charged me twice since I had only received one additional bottle. She stated that she has received several calls regarding this company and this was not the first time that they had scammed someone.
She called the Marula Silk company with me and they finally gave an address where I could return the bottle.
My credit card representative asked the Marula Silk rep, "Just to clarify, you charged the consumer twice for the same bottle?" The Marula Silk 'employee' paused and then responded, "Yes, ma'am." She finally gave us the cancelled confirmation # and address that I needed to return the item.I am still waiting for my transactions to be voided, but I wanted to get this information out before another person got scammed.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Marula Silk Omega Rich Pure Marula Oil
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "I do not understand people today, As a Direct Sales Rep I go out of my way to educate and help people. I also buy and support other companies as..."
- "Arbonne Suncreen is the absolute worst. As someone who had a stage 2 melanoma removed from my back last year, I try to be very careful to say the least...."
- "Bought the warm kit, six shades, the image shows one purple color in the kit. Sure enough they send me two purples. I called them and they said they send..."
- "Ordered a wig but when received I could see it was the wrong item. I had ordered the glamerous bob straight hairstyle, see first photo but was send graceful bob..."
- "i sent in my complaint 2 weeks ago....where is it? it is the same situation with the freezer leaking water because the defrost does not work and ice builds up...."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "Just opened this Easter dress and there is a huge hole through both sides of it! It's not wearable! I commented on Facebook about it because there doesn't seem to..."
- "I signed up to have my paychecks deposited on the Chase Paycard. I was assured that it could be used online and that I could pay bills with it. I..."
- "On January 7, 2013 I order a humidor and other items totaling just over $800. I paid via paypal and this merchant was immediately paid. As of today,..."